Last Updated on June 3, 2023
Questions to Ask Your Physician About Depression
- Do you know symptoms and the signs of depression?
- How do I tell the difference between normal sadness or despair as well as depression?
- What causes depression?
- Is depression hereditary?
- Does depression go away?
- What can I do if I believe I may have depression?
- What should I do if I’m need emergency help, feel suicidal, or in catastrophe?
Questions to Ask in case You’re Identified As Having Depression
- What type of depression do I have? How severe could it be?
- What are my treatment options?
- What’s the very best strategy (or mix of systems) of treatment for depression?
- Do I want drug, or can I be treated effectively without it?
- The type of antidepressant drug are you prescribing for me, and how does it work?
- Do antidepressants work for everybody?
- When should I expect to feel better?
- Are there other treatments you’d recommend for my depression?
- Should a mental health specialist, such as a psychiatrist or psychologist, be involved within my care?
- How will me impact over the long term?